So we’ve all heard how good omega 3 fatty acids are for you, but we all hate that fishy after taste! So where can you get them other than from fish oil? Well you can get them from multiple plants and seeds including hemp seeds, but you can ALSO get them from some herbs and spices!
First, why exactly is omega-3 fatty acids good for you? Omega-3’s are referred to as ALA, Alpha-linolenic acid, EPA, eicosapentaenoic, and DHA, docosahexaenoic acid. These are good for your body because your body can not manufacture them on its own! So if we can’t manufacture them by ourselves and only with food, what are they good for?
Omega-3’s have a long list of health benefits including reducing inflammation, ward off inflammation, and they are essential to your brain.
- They help artery health by helping to reduce plaque buildup and blood clots in arteries that lead to the brain.
- It can help with joint pain and stiffness from arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Omega-3’s insulate nerve cells in the brain which allows them to communicate better with each other and improving your mental health.
- It can help clear up your skin, especially if you have acne or psoriasis.
- Omega-3’s will improve menstrual pain and PMS symptoms.
- They prevent cancers such as colon, breast and prostate.
These are only a few of the benefits from omega-3’s! Surprisingly omega-3’s can even be found in a long list of herbs and spices! A few of them are listed below:
- sage saffron
This is only part of the list! To find more, please visit here. To sum it up, omega-3’s should be included in your diet daily, to find more about omega-3;s and where to get them please google “Where to get Omega-3’s From”. If you find something that you may thing have never had omega-3’s share it with us!