I always worry about bad breath throughout the day! All day long I am constantly working with customers and other people and don’t want to give them the death of breath! haha.I have a few tricks up my sleeve though! For one, I use a water pik on a daily basis, sometimes a few times a day! This is a great way to flush out any food that regular flossing and brushing can’t get to. Its also a great way to get some hydrogen peroxide in the water and kill some of the bacteria in places you can’t see or get to!
Here are a few simple tips that I have found to be helpful in fighting bad breath:
- Swish water around in your mouth after each meal or snack.
- brush your gums and tongue with some powdered cloves or myrrh.
- Up your intake Vitamin B, C, and zink. Deficency in B can cause bad breath, C will hep rid the body of excess mucus and toxins, and a zink deficiency can cause bad breath as well.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda paste using hydrogen peroxide
- Grind cloves and add water to make a mouthwash tea
- If you have garlic or onion breath, suck on a lemon with some salt
You can not only try the awesome tips above, make sure you consult your doc before upping any vitamins, you can try chewing on the following herbs:
- Star Anise (Kills bacteria)
- Fennel, you can also make a salve to rub onto your gums
- Cloves, a powerful antiseptic
- Hazelnuts will absorb bad breath
- Parsley, high in chlorophyll
- Sage, Has essential oils with antibacterial properties
Hope these tips help you throughout your day like they have helped me! Always remember that you can try and mix things and make new things to help fight bad breath! If you come up with one, feel free to share!